Access Violation in Application.exe with Enigma Protector 7.5

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
njmube

Access Violation in Application.exe with Enigma Protector 7.5

Post by njmube »

Dear Development Team,

I am writing to report a significant issue with the 'Multicomercio.exe' application when protected with Enigma Protector version 7.5. An "Access Violation" error consistently occurs during the startup attempt on certain computers. Once the error manifests on a machine, it persists on that specific machine and blocks the application from starting.

Error Details:

Error Message: Exception EAccessViolation in module Multicomercio.exe at 05CF5EE5. Access violation at address 060F5EE5 in module 'Multicomercio.exe'. Read of address 0000003C.
Error Behavior: The error does not affect all computers, but on those affected, it is recurring and prevents the application from launching.
Affected Versions: This issue has not been presented with Enigma Protector version 7.2 but has started occurring with subsequent versions, from 7.3 to 7.5.
Impact: The application is unable to start correctly on the affected computers.
The memory address in question (0000003C) indicates there might be a dereferencing of a null pointer or an invalid reference. This behavior suggests that the protection implemented in the more recent versions of Enigma Protector might be related to the error.

I kindly request your assistance in investigating and resolving this issue. I am at your disposal to provide any further information that may facilitate the identification and rectification of this bug.

I appreciate your prompt response in advance.
Attachments
imagen.png
imagen.png (10.3 KiB) Viewed 935 times
Last edited by njmube on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Vau

Re: Access Violation in Application.exe with Enigma Protector 7.5

Post by Tim Vau »

njmube,
this is an old problem with the option "Protect Application Code" in "Inline Patching" area.
Disable this option to avoid this problem.
njmube

Post by njmube »

Tim Vau wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:31 pm njmube,
this is an old problem with the option "Protect Application Code" in "Inline Patching" area.
Thanks for the information. I will make the change you mention.
njmube

Post by njmube »

Hello. I have some doubts, 1) why with this option enabled I never fail with versions of Enigma 7.2 and earlier. 2) How much does the protection of my application decrease when I disable it?
Attachments
bplx2w2O6I.png
bplx2w2O6I.png (4 KiB) Viewed 878 times
njmube

Post by njmube »

I made the change you mentioned in the project, but the error was the same, it seems to be something else. I think I'll stick with version 7.2 forever, later versions just didn't work for me. Thanks anyway.

:cry:
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

njmube wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:33 pm I made the change you mentioned in the project, but the error was the same, it seems to be something else. I think I'll stick with version 7.2 forever, later versions just didn't work for me. Thanks anyway.
Maybe you can send us non protected file and Enigma project file at support@enigmaprotector.com?

We will check it out and try to fix the problem.