Simple Registration Protection Help

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
droopy

Simple Registration Protection Help

Post by droopy »

Hello,

I would like to receive help from the forum, as i need this.

1) I have my own software already compiled (.exe)
2) I would like to add a Hardware ID protection with a Registration Screen.
3) Send that protected file to a customer and wait his Hardware ID number to send the validation code.
4) Customer add this validation code and could enter the software. It is locked only to his computer.

Reading the forum, the admin suggest to send a sort of simple activation software that generates the Hardware ID, so the customer could send me that info and i could use enigma to prepare an encrypted hardware id protection.

Is this correct? any other alternative?
Also, some good coder could share this activation application? I am not a software developer.

Any help is much appreciate, as i could not locate any similar program in the internet. (i try amadillo, expressor, winlicense, etc.) but all of them request an API to include in the source code, and unfortunately i dont have it, just the compiled .exe.

Awaiting news,
regards
Javier
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Simple Registration Protection Help

Post by Enigma »

Hi Javier, completely understand your need and your question.

Enigma fully supports features you require and it can be very easily implemented (and also, customized).

What do you need, step by step:
1. Open Enigma
2. main menu File - New Project to create new unique project
3. Choose input and output files
3. REGISTRATION FEATURES - Common, Allow Execution only is registered
3. REGISTRATION FEATURES - Registration Data Storing, enter the place where your license information will be stored. I advise to use a Registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER and the path something "My Application\License".
4. REGISTRATION FEATURES - Registration Dialog, enable this feature, and enable Show this dialog when Unregistered (there you also can design own style for registration dialog, only note, Hardware ID field should present on a window)
5. REGISTRATION FEATURES - Hardware Lock - this feature shows what computer properties will be used for locking license to particular PC. I advise use only one option (just for beggining) - HDD Serial

Now protect. So, when you run protected application, the registration dialog will appear. There will be shown a Hardware ID. Users will have to send you this hardware id. Then, you, open your project in Enigma, go to main menu -> Tools -> Keys Generator. There you enter user's hardware id, any user unique name and generate the key. Then send the name and key to user. User will enter name and key in registration dialog and successfully register. Next time application will not ask for a license. Also, since you generated license based on a user's hardware id, this license will be valid only on the user PC, it will not work on another.

Also, 2 very useful advices:
1. To increase protection, enable option REGISTRATION FEATURES - Common, Encrypt with Encryption Constant, this is increase the protection. See manual for more details.
2. You also may protected your application and encrypt it with user's hardware ID, see option REGISTRATION FEATURES - Encrypt with Hardware ID. This option allows to encrypt the whole application with a particular ID, it will be just impossible to run such application on another PC, and the protection will be increased in times. But this way requires to protect particular version for each customer, so it is rarely used. Better, implement at least first advice!
droopy

Post by droopy »

Dear Admin:

Thanks for your tutorial. It is EXCELLENT. Working Perfect!

Question: Is it possible to use a License Run Time in seconds?
As Enigma minimun run time (TOOLS Menu- Key Generator - Run Time) is 1 minute, and i need 7 seconds aprox.
In order to show just like a preview of the software for my customer.

Thanks!
Javier
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Javier, no, sorry, for few seconds license is impossible :)

But, you may write some simple plugin for Enigma (this, I seem, does not even require high skills), that will count few seconds and then close an application! For example, with SetTimer or CreateThread Windows API.
droopy

Post by droopy »

Yes, thanks!.

I would like to include a Kill application option in 7 seconds.
I notice that Enigma checks the RunTime or GlobalTime and all info at startup only.

What i will try to code is a plugin that counts 7 seconds and then exit/closed the application, forcing the customer to re-start the .EXE and then the Registration Dialog appears again.

Hope Enigma could do it directly without closing the application, at 7 seconds a Registration Dialog appears automatically.
Any ideas appreciated!

Regards, Javier
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Javier,
droopy wrote:I notice that Enigma checks the RunTime or GlobalTime and all info at startup only
No, you are misunderstanding there! Runtime and global time checks are performing immediately after registration. For example, if you allow to run your application in unregistered mode, and show the registration dialog after some time, and if the registration key is run/global time locked, then the counter will start to work after registration, but not after application start.
droopy wrote:Hope Enigma could do it directly without closing the application, at 7 seconds a Registration Dialog appears automatically.Any ideas appreciated!
Just a new feature? Something like "Show registration dialog after X days X hours X minutes X seconds"?